Becoming a member
VIPMA Membership is a Privilege ~ Not a Right.
To be a member you must:
- Possess a *Valid* FMC
- Attend meeting prior to membership application.
- Attend one meeting every calendar year.
- Uphold the Heritage of Placer mining in BC
- Protect the rights of Placer Miners
- Report Workings on Club Claims
- Bylaws will be posted and bylaws must be adhered.
- Ensure every citizen has the right to attempt to make a living Placer mining
- Communicate with Governments providing input into the future of Placer mining
- Promote good fellowship among all Placer miners and recreational miners
- Ensure all miners follow sound environmental practices
- Be a good steward of the land, wherever it is you pan.
- Private land entry all documentation must be available and all contractual regulations met.
- Promote recreational prospecting and Placer mining as both a clean environmentally safe activity.
To attain a FMC At Service BC you can apply in person – here is a link to all offices.
Grounds for Dismissal
- Loss and/or suspension of FMC
- Failure to comply with Private Lands Contractual Agreements
- Failure to be a good steward of the land.
- Not reporting work on club claims
- Failure to comply to core principals and bylaws.
- Trespass onto other claims
- Creating Drama
Adult : – $110.00 – Plus PayPal Fee 2.9% – ($3.60) = $113.60
Associate: – $ 55.00 – Plus PayPal Fee 2.9% – ($1.80) = $ 56.80 Son/Daughter under the age of 18 under a parent.
*Note: Member is responsible for transaction fee.
All Information Updates
- Part of membership’s fee creates a pool covering membership with a liability policy required by both Mosaic and CRD
- VIPMA deals with Private Land Owners and issues that affect Placer mining, and as a member you must have a vested interest
- Membership without a claim allows members to go with Club Hosts on outings – does not grant permission to enter private lands alone.
- Those miners who have their own access can go to club claims on their own.
- Membership renewals to be paid promptly if mining in the CRD. Memberships expire December 31 annually
- *Membership questions – email – firstname.lastname@example.org a membership representative will respond.
- A note about PayPal : ~ YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL MEMBERSHIP ~ You use your credit card and pay through VIPMA’s PayPal Account ~ For whatever reason if you do not feel secure – please go to a cash advance and purchase a pre-loaded credit card for the $113.60 or whatever amount you want – ensure you add the small fee to the pre-loaded card.
Click the button on the right, fill out the VIPMA Membership application form and make payment.